View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit18 View Post
I looking into getting gears for my car soon and have been told I need to get some suspension mods to help with wheel hop.

Which way is better to go for now? (plan on doing more but will be a long time from now.

Should I just get something like this?
http://www.ohio-speed.com/p-880-2010...ars-20104.aspx

Or, start doing toe rods, trailing arms, etc......?

Thanks!
The part you have in that link will only help very minimally when it comes to wheel hop. That part is really designed to minimize chassis flex.

Like others have said the real way to eliminate wheel hop is to minimize the movement in the rear end/rear cradle/ rear suspension. Every car is a little different and there are many variables that go into wheel hop so it can take different parts to alleviate wheel hop on different cars. For me to be able to recommend anything to you I would really need to know some details on the car and what your goals are for it. The best thing to do would be to either give me a call here at the shop or shoot me a PM and I can throw some recommendations out to you.

Generally these are the parts that are going to make a significant difference in controlling the wheel hop:

trailing arms
outer trailing arm bushings
toe rods
rear cradle bushings
differential bushings
upper control arm bushings

A good alignment will also help out quite a bit because it will insure that you have the largest tire contact patch possible which will help make it easier to get the power to the ground.

Give me a call and we can definitely get you taken care of.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote