View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
The aluminum is pretty flexible, so it may look like it will dent,mine did not. Just be real careful with the drills, and make sure the last size you use will let the blade fit comfortably. A few times my jigsaw was running but didn't actually cut anything, perhaps just my tool. You will run over a couple of struts, and my get snarled, but let the jigsaw do the work press down lightly and have a brand new fine, aluminum cutting blade - in fact get a couple of good quality ones. In fact, in hindsight, you could cut the struts away before tackling the hood itself, just a thought...

Make the radius around the corners fairly large to easily go from one edge to the other. Once you have the hole you just need to go back and create the proper corners.

Good luck with it
Thanks very much again for the feedback. Blade-wise, I did buy a six-pack of the exact ones Steve @ Hines recommends (Bosch T118G) so that should be plenty. Did you have any break on you? Also, even in watching his video it's a little hard to tell: at what speed is it best to have the jigsaw blade going up-down at (most jigsaws are variable speed, as you know)? Slowish, medium, fast?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote