View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
azw131
Team LLT

Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
I don't know if this will work any but try removing your wheel and wheel liner on the side you're having trouble that way you have better access to it. Then grab the head of the bolt with the vice grips and rotate while pulling it out. If not, see if you can wedge it with a small flat head.
I actually did completely drop down the wheel liner on my last attempt and it didn't help much. The wheel isnt really in the way either when turnd. The problem is the bolt is recessed about a foot into the facia and you cant get the vice grips to stay on it while turning. I brought it to a shop that said if I take off all the other bolts again and have it hanging on by just that one they may be able to get it off somehow. But that also means dissassembling the fascia in their parking lot which I'd like to avoid. I think one of the only viable solutions may be accessing the bolt via another point somehow by removing more things. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge about body work on these cars can chime in with that.

Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote