View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #12
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8himalaya View Post
It really all depends on the pricing. If...and a big if...they price it right, it will sell better than anything out right now in its class. Everyone wants one, but the questions becomes, can everyone afford one? I think if the V6 starts at more than 22k and the V8 more than 28-29k, then they will be in for a fight like before. Before everyone starts laughing about 28k SS, here is my point: The people on this forum and enthusiasts will buy one for a little more, because they have a passion for it. For the average person that wants a sports/muscle car, they might go with a mustang or something else. Just MVHO of course.

In an entry level market (and I know these aren't aveos, but even an entry level sports car market is an entry level market) price is king. Most of Camaro's buyers will not be middle aged enthusiasts who know what the better car is. They'll be high school and college kids who want a great looking and sounding car (and all three are good looking in their own right) and will only look at two things - price, and 1/4 mile, in that order.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote