View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok.. so decided to do some baseline pulls on the car. Took it to the shop that did all the tuning on my Mustang... a place I trust! LOL!

Number were basically identical to MadMaxx's. Best pull was 248 HP / 222 TQ. This however was on a DynoJet... hmmm... Maxx's was on a Mustang Dyno which usually reads about 12% lower than a DJ... Maxx any chance your shop has their Mustang dyno calibrated to read like a DJ? I know some shops will do that... If not I think you have a factory freak!

Quick run of the math 304HP at crank with 248 at the wheel... 304 - 248 = 56 HP loss. 56 / 304 = 18.4% loss... which is about right for a automatic... So I would say we have a pretty darn good base line! LOL!

here's the sheet:

And of course the video! LOL!

Now.. here comes the interesting parts... I had Lidio pull up a 100% stock 2005 Mustang V6 automatic dyno pull and over lay it with one of mine...

Also... just had to stop at the track on way home... no big head wind today! LOL! I only made a couple passes since I told the Mrs. I wouldn't be gone ALL day! LOL! New personal best for the car! (although the MPH is about 10 MPH off!!! No idea what was going on with that! Speed read 93 going through the traps..) This was Sport mode, TC on and a fairly aggressive launch with a bit of chirping..

Mustang Dyno's (and any other load based dyno) can be calibrated to put out whatever numbers the owner wants.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote