View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
LG chassis/subframe brace review

see bottom for review...started out with questions...lol...

Ok...I talked to a shop guy at LG today. And will call Anthony Monday and see what's up...but I was told they have never heard anything like this...so I'm getting feed back.

Two areas of concern:
Problem 1
The threaded insert that goes Closest to the outside of the car (insert for chassis that has one threaded bolt hole and a tab) will not fit into the oblong/rectangle hole to get into place. I can grind the insert and make it fit without problem.
Problem 2
The brace when flush with the front 8 mounting points is a good 3/4" to an inch from touching the rear cradle at the back mounting points. I didn't receive the nylock nuts but a trip to the hardware store will fix that. But I'm puzzled that we are preloading the rear cradle that hard. The tech said 'yes'. I will have to buy longer bolts for the rear four mounting points to go into the rear cradle to be able to reach and pull this together. I can work my way around the brace and probably tweak it all in line...but wow that's a lot of deflection.

I shouldn't have this trouble with something that is a 30 min install. Not my first rodeo with stuff like this either, heck, we installed the blower on this car with no issue. That's way more involved. Hs anyone else out there installed one of these and had anything similar?

Last edited by grocerygetter; 09-11-2012 at 11:05 AM.
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote