View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #26
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydrvr View Post
Guys...i know your upset that it won't work on your 2010 but think of how long you've gone without it. You will be fine. I don't know everything about that stuff but if it only works with the newer version of onstar than that's it. The newer version must have some type of new programming in it that allows the signal to be transferred from your phone to onstar then to your car.

The older version was only built to send a signal to and from your car. It makes sense to me. You all act like everybody must think of everything all at once. Just because they couldn't come out with this at the same time as the camaro doesn't mean they screwed up.

Who knows...maybe you can go to a dealer or something and get onstar upgraded.
OnStar works differently than that. This "signal" is the same signal that your cell phones receive. OnStar works on a Verizon cellular data network. Basically the OnStar module is a cell phone with additional functionality. Your iPhone/Android app will not directly connect to your car. The app will go through the internet to OnStar's center and send the same "lock/unlock" signal as the OnStar cust rep does today to your vehicle!