View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackvenom1 View Post
Hi Guys-- new to the forums here. Love the insight and expertise.

I currently have a dealer's Internet Sales Manager and her Sales/Dealership manager looking into the pricing and availability of a 1LT or 2LT/RS with automatic for me.

Basically, the car I want is the one found in the pictures section on this site/forum under Victory Red. Looks like it was part of a raffle .

I currently lease a Mitsu with an MSRP at about $22k. I put down $3,000 and pay $256 a month. My mother (who has excellent credit) co-signed my lease. I am a college grad with a good full-time job, and pay my lease and student loans on time, also giving me (what I assume is) strong credit.

For a new Camaro with an MSRP of only $5-$9 thousand more than my current car, is it unrealistic to think I can put maybe $3,500 down and pay maybe $350 a month?

I just saw an ad in the paper this weekend for a new Nissan Maxima, listed MSRP of $34,000... asking for $229 a month after a $3,000 down payment with excellent credit. I read the fine print (trust me, I'm educated in legalese) and found nothing unusual. So at least my numbers seam feasible.

Almost certain that won't be possible. GM's lease rates are insanely high right now and you need almost perfect credit. There are other threads about this and in those, a couple dealers here on the forums have said that they have looked into this for other customers and have found the payments to be the same or higher then if they would buy the car outright. If that holds true, you will be looking at $450-$500 a month with such a small down payment.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote