View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #259
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
“The 304 horsepower in the 2010 Camaro was actually a conservative rating on our end,” said Tom Sutter, GM V-6 chief engineer. “But we knew already that this award-winning engine produced at least the amount of power we stated, but now we’ve gone the extra step in certifying the engine for this application and have verified an additional 8 horsepower.”

I don't believe they 'tweaked' anything, just using a different scale to measure the same output of the 2010. Granted this scale is likely the same the new Mustang is using, but it sounds like they are just measuring the power different and getting more market savy numbers rather than actually changing anything on the engine output.

As far as HUD, at the price of this car, I think it's a big mistake.

The Corvette (with Hud) has a very specific market. Most car enthusiasts that can spend that much moeny for a car are likely more adept to handle such a distracting mod and drive fine. The general public, which is who the Camaro prices attract, will be easily distracted and pay too much attention to the HUD info, as compared to the road.

Pilot's of aircraft that use HUD say there is a 'getting used to' period where they have to train themselves to look through the HUD and use the info, but at the same time, see surrounding environment. The typical driver on the road today can barely coordinate carrying a conversation using a hands free on a cellphone safely behind the wheel, now they'll have HUD to work with ???

Keep the HUD for the 2SS ONLY. That caliber buyer will be like the a Corvette buyer and more a car enthusiast that, majority anyway, can handle such a mod.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote