View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #31
Gunsmoke
wat?

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
ok!

i tried the 93 tune with 91 octane... at WOT i got about 1.4 TKSR around 5500rpm, just a spike but showed up on multiple gears. plus when i was coasting, then pressed the gas a little i got 8.0 TKSR, and i think i kinda felt it bog down a bit. this is why i used to blend race fuel with each tank, to keep this from happening.

now i see the reason for both separate tunes... i had half a bottle of lucas octane booster from last year, so i put that in the tank with the tank half full... all is well and no more knock, i re-logged it to make sure!

lucas doesnt sell gimmicks, but i wouldn't recommend it for regular use (MMT will slowly destroy emissions system parts over time with repeated use)... for those with access to race fuel, blend that with the 91 octane. there are plenty of blending tables on the net to help you with what you can get

i only have 2 more months of this crap in OK until i return to TX where they like 93!!!

that's great to hear! but i thoght it said it will not harm 02 sensors? i just can't win.