View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Need some help, Camaro 5! Need dealer repair advice...

Don't know if anyone has any advice to offer but here's the situation:

My sister and her family live in MI. They are driving out here (leaving Wednesday) late next week for my other sister's bridal shower/ wedding (San Diego.) She is the maid of honor. They (my sister and her husband) have three kids including an infant, and the power steering on their Aviator went kaput today (leaking fluids, etc.) The dealership there is telling them that the part may arrive by Wednesday (the day they're leaving) but if it doesn't they may need to get a rental. The coverage she has for the rental doesn't cover anything larger than a Focus, which they CANNOT use for the cross-country trip with everyone's luggage, wedding stuff, and the kids. They are really hard up for money also (who isn't?), so having to pay themselves for a larger rental for nearly two weeks could be a barrier to them not being able to come at all.

Is there ANYTHING we can do? Any way to ask the dealer to rush the part and the repair? Would the dealer give them a loaner for them to take cross-country? ( I already know the answer to this one, btw, but I figure it can't hurt to try at this point.) I know it's always a sob story when a car breaks down quickly but this is different-- my sister will only be married this once (I sincerely hope!). I don't want them to miss it; or any of the other special things that go with it.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote