View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #215
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
The only thing to be careful of (I had a long discussion with ForgeLine about the SST wheels which have a similar design which is why I bring it up) is that under "ideal" track conditions with great bite and a lot of TQ/HP these wheel have 10 small attachment points between the center and the rim. You may have the ability to snap one or more of those attachment points. Probably not, but just something to be cognizant of.
Was this based on thee massive amount of HP your planning on, or the lesser but still massive amount I'm planning on... there is quite a difference between 1600 and 900, but 900 is still pretty amazing... These are based on a racing wheel, but the cars they are used for are substantially lighter than my 3900 lb Camaro... I've never spoken with anyone at Forgestar....

I guess worse case scenario, I break one and replace them with something designed for pure racing.... that will handle the HP torque....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote