View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #2048
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
It depends on if they put the chip in the key or the fob itself in the recall offering. Currently, the chip is inside the FOB itself rather than the inside the key.

I have an alarm on mine, so I have to carry around 2 FOBs if I want the full alarm functionality (1 mile range). If they put the chip in the key, I can leave the GM FOB at home and only need to carry my viper FOB.
I had the recall done over lunch at Huffines in Plano and it took about 45 minutes (not bad).

The key starts my car without the FOB, so now I don't need to carry the factory FOB any longer. I have a viper aftermarket alarm and just need to carry the one Viper FOB now

This fixes an annoyance I've had since I got the aftermarket alarm.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote