View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
Jonmalibuss

Drives: 2005 Silverado VHO
Send a message via AIM to Jonmalibuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
U/D Pully's, headers, exhaust, CAI, tune. You should be good.
Not anymore! If you have a drivetrain failure (engine, trans, rear diff...) As of May 18th they are now required to verify that the ecu has not been recalibrated and show proof. If the dealer finds that it has been reflashed with a non gm calibration they will void the powertrain warranty before they start any work on your vehicle! Trust me I just slipped in under this one and found this out today! I had a valve spring break and drop the valve which all went to hell from there and wound up with a very large hole in the block. I got approved on the 14th for a new engine which arrived on the 15th and it's now running again. The dealer told me had this happened any later I would have been buying this one.

2005 Silverado VHO: Outlaw intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Belltech drop, 4.11 gears with Eaton LSD, Baer brakes 15" up front with 6 piston calipers, drum to disk 14" conversion for the rear, IForged 22"x10" 2 piece wheels, probably many more mods which I have missed...
Soon to be 2010-2011 Camaro SS/RS This is if the truck is worth trading in or I get it paid off!
Jonmalibuss is offline   Reply With Quote