View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BIRDman View Post
okay, well thanks CamaroSpike23 for being a dick and im sorry i gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you could actually interpret what i was actually saying because you know damn well that if gm announced the camaro's specs to 435hp and 428trq, you'd be happy instead of saying "aw im not going to notice a change". performance is performance and if i have have to pay to loose performance. and thats the only reason im asking about the manual trans.
Spike is a well respected member here, though he can be a little impatient sometimes. He does know his stuff, so you'd do well to listen to him. His question was an honest one. The difference in engine specs is 26 hp and 10 ft-lbs, 1 mpg worse fuel economy for the LS3 vs the L99. For the performance of the cars, they are essentially even 0-60 and the auto is a couple tenths behind the manual in the 1/4 with a bit slower trap speed. However, you are much more likely to get the auto's times when you take your SS home than the manual's simply due to lack of experience. There is a difference between being able to drive a manual and being able to drive it well. It will be quite a while before you (or I) can drive a manual well enough to beat an auto at the strip.

I don't know if I'll order an auto or manual. It will be my daily driver and there is a good chance that I'll have to slog through a lot of rush hour traffic. So that sways me more towards the auto. But there is just something about a manual that can't be duplicated with an auto.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote