View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
i then put the bolt in the rear hole of the IM, put the top gasket on, and held everything in place while i tilted the IM up in front and shoehorned the bolt under the wiper/cowl trim.

once i got the threads started on that bolt, i got a couple others started just to make sure the gasket and spacers were all aligned.

then i removed the bolts that go through the plenum cover, and installed it, just loosely tightening all 6 bolts. i then installed the plenum cover bolts, except of course the rearmost one, i had to run to the HW store to get one that would barely fit. i got an M6x1.00x12 flanged bolt.

luckily my GF was home, she was able to get her hand in there to get it started while i pulled up on the cowl.

tight fit;

i then installed the rear horiz bolts, the driver's side was pretty easy, the passenger side was a bit harder, had to use a little shorter bolt, and my GF had to start it for me.

then i snugged them down with the 13mm swivel head ratchet!

i then re-installed the TB and re-connected all the hoses.

i used some of the left over bracket to make a bracket for the front mount near the TB.
i used a shorter bolt and added a nut at the bottom, and used a shorter bolt at the top. looks like it belongs.

and the completed project;

so far i have driven about 60 easy miles to let the ECM relearn, it feels lighter like most everyone has said. i'll know more when i really get on it in a few days.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote