View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
I'll just give you the admin password to his Coban unit so he can't record you, and the password for his Autocite ticket book so he can't cite you

I've got your back, lol!
Sounds like we would get in trouble for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriSStine View Post
I'm sorry to say they are not legal. My profession is DOT compliance in the state of Texas, so I speak with first hand knowledge (both professionally and personally). However, I want to note that it then becomes a matter of enforcement. It's a matter of revenue, areas in need of revenue use these types of compliance issues to raise revenue for their districts. I wish you luck if you choose to purchase them and run with them on public roads. That being said, they look really cool!
Yes they do but illegal :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle SS View Post
It would be illegal because of the lack of reflector, not the light emmission. But, many cops can't figure out why tinted taillights are illegal from my experiences, so I would figure you should be fine
Whenever I got pulled over for my vinyl tinted tail lights the cop couldnt tell my why they are illegal he just said blackouts on tail lights are illegal. After that I did some searching around and some friends said they needed to reflect off of light.
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote