View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
I know it can be done, but are the results good? I don't have a dyno, nor will ever have one, but can get HP Tuners and a laptop. Is it software worth getting to reprogram a car for upgrades if I have no dyno? Can I drive it around and log data and eventually have a very good tune (probably need a wideband, right?)?

No need wasting money on software that will not get me anything better than stock. I know I can learn to use the software with time....I'm an engineer, gearhead, and have read numerous books/forums on ECU programming. I just havent done it yet.

Let's not consider that I would be able to change my gears, speed limits, and other paramters like that....I'm talking strictly about engine performance.

Thanks...
I can tell you this I have been tuning GM cars for as long as they had fuel injection, GM did not leave us much hidden power in these cars, More in the auto than the stick.

If you can find 10 hp your doing great, where the biggest differences show up are in the torque managment.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote