Old 11-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
good riddance
They could have turned the brand around, and models like the G8 and Solstice were a step in the right direction. They got back towards the sporty image the brand once held. However, the G3 Wave was a big step back. People hate the Aveo ... who would buy one with a Pontiac nose and a better stereo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Should have been buick.
While Pontiac has sold more cars in North America than Buick has lately (last year it was 383k vs 154k) the global sales for each brand were 435k for Buick and ... 383k for Pontiac. Yep, in the rest of the world (China) there were 2 Buicks sold for every 1 here. For a bit of perspective, in 2008 Buick sold more than GM's bottom 5 (of 12) brands combined. On top of that, there is a much higher profit on each car, due to both entry lux pricing on Buick and massive (discounted) fleet sales for Pontiac. The business case for getting rid of Buick doesn't make any sense compared to ditching Pontiac.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote