View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I have played this scenario in my head over and over what I want to do. I want a motor that is like stock, that can push over 650rwhp. The 416 isnt it, and maybe a 427 could get close. But like said before, when it comes time to sell the car, I can take the blower off the car and recope some of my money. If I blow the engine, which in my case would eventually be replaces to up the boost then why not play with fire and start with a blower and have a little fun.

Next is insurance, I am covered on all accessories. I asked my insurance company for extra coverage, but according to my policy with State Farm I am covered already. The only think they wont cover is the motor, if I do anything to the motor. But I will also be checking into Hagerty insurance. From what I am told you tell them the value of the vehicle and it is all covered. So once I make my mind up and figure out my exact build I will be changing over to them to be covered insurance wise. So that wont be a issue anymore.

J

ps what is the best 427 all motor car rwhp numbers now days ??? I would want something that is drivable and not a all out race car. Been there done that with my old 98 SS and it wasnt as fun anymore.
JETG is offline   Reply With Quote