View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #26
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog89 View Post
I really would not be worried about this. When the lights are on you can't even tell the rear lights are tinted. I would think you could easily demonstrate this and overturn any bogus complaint. Plus, the person that rear ended you would probably not be thinking, "oh wow tinted lights - bet I can get off on this guy". Honestly - they probably won't even know they are tinted (unless you shut your car off).

I realize this is not a popular position to take but I went to get my accord tails tinted a few years ago to my tint shop and was given a lesson. They no longer would do it because the below happened to one of their customers....

it does not work that way - guy hits you, cops called, cop notes tinted lights...guy's lawyer that hits you sees it on the discovery....and then it starts - don't think about the law, think about the LAWYERS before you do this. Taillights, headlights and windshield are the only mods I won't do...

and again, what the cops think on their forum:

http://forums.officer.com/t166019/

Please just think about it....life is miserable when you are sued...even when you win...because you don't really win...the lawyers do....

Last edited by Glen e; 07-10-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote