View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #52
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
its 2 diff worlds. simply if u guys think its not important. then thats u . im pretty sure if this car is a 14 sec car then its gonna suck at road racing. it may do good at autocross then. lol
have any of u guy even been on a large coarse? or pushed a car hard into a turn pushing its limits if not then . pls stick to the ? 1/4 times lol

just like the 1le. its a road car but how many race in the 1/4 mile. same diff
OK, put dekan513 with the other guys in the 'just doesn't get it' column. If you knew ZFatuated, you'd know he's got some SERIOUS experience at the track AND he knows how to spell road course. Based on your comments, it's clear that you don't get it and your road course experience is limited at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Nobody said it's not important, It's just not as important in road racing as it is in drag racing.

This is a extreme example but I'm trying to get you to see what we are saying.

This car has more power....

than this car.....

But it would get killed by it at the track.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
ya on some tracks but some not.
cant see the 2nd car but u get the point.
Nope. It's clear you don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I don't think there is a track on earth where the ZR1 will beat a C6R.....
Correct.

If you can't understand why, then you don't get it. It's that simple. A few tenths of a second difference down the quarter mile (which is what we would be talking about between a ZL1 and Z/28) is not going to be a deciding factor in which car is faster around a road course. Of course if you're comparing to something like a miata it makes an enormous diffence, but we're not. We're talking about 500hp vs 580hp. The tenths of a second that the Z/28 loses to the ZL1 in a quarter mile has no bearing on what kind of speeds the car will hit on the the straightaways on a track. I'll bet that while the Z/28 will have a slower ET and lower trap speed at a drag strip than a ZL1, the peak speeds down the straightaway for a Z/28 will be faster than a ZL1. If you can't understand reasons why that would be.... you don't get it (one hint: corner exit speed).

Let me use the 911 turbo and the 911 GT3 as a good example of the differences between a ZL1 and Z/28. While some of you have no interest in Porsche because their owners are pretentious assholes (by in large, you'd be right, but that's beside the point), the comparison here is valid.

The 911 Turbo makes more power, more torque, weighs more, has more amenities, and goes 0-60 and does 1/4 milefaster than a GT3

The 911 GT3 makes less power, less torque, weighs less, has less amenities, goes 0-60 and does the 1/4 mile slower than a 911 Turbo, but laps a circuit faster. It's also more engaging and fun to drive.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote