View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDamNCSU View Post
I bought my car used in March. During hot days if I rolled down the window I would catch a wiff of a mildew smell (kinda like nasty gym socks). It was not pleasant but at the same time I didnt smell it often. Well recently with all of the rain it has gotten much worse. The car smells fine with the windows up, but as soon as I roll down the windows, BOOM it's terrible. Using my nose, I found out it's the outter weather stripping or possibly inside the door that the odor is coming from. Anyways, I took Q-Tips and alcohol and cleaned out some very nasty grime from the stripping and have those jokers looking brand new. The smell still exists though.

Any ideas on if the replacement of the stripping or cleaning of the inside of the door would be covered under warranty? As of right now, I can't enjoy the few sunny days we have here without feeling like somebody is hanging their gym socks in front of my face.
Hello FanDamNCSU,

I am sorry to learn of this mildew smell you are experiencing with what seems to be your weather stripping. Have you have the opportunity to speak with a dealer to officially diagnose the issue? If not, that would be my recommendation to you. I can check on my end to see if I have any information on this in the meantime. Please private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will update you in the private message.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care