View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #14
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
With the number of Challengers sitting on the lot, I'd say that's a horrible trump card to play. I still say the high price did it in, considering the price tag on the R/T will fetch you a Camaro SS. When you offer a car to a niche market such as the muscle market, you want the price/performance ratio to be balanced. The Challenger offers Mustang GT power at a Camaro SS price, and people aren't going to deal for it. Not gonna lie though, if someday we see a red tag plus zero financing like GM just did, I may have a new Chally in my driveway.

People want fuel efficiency these days, and Dodge/Chrysler has not a single thing to offer in that department.

I'm going to call it now: Dodge/Chrysler will not survive the recession. Let's hope I'm wrong, but they seem to be making one bad choice after another.
NO i think you misunderstood....all im saying is that if you look at their sales...the only thing positive was the challenger...it was the only car selling,....and as it being a 30k unit per year car....it wont save chrysler...but it is selling. And yes when the camaro comes out it will be all over for chrysler if they dont lower the price or change the srt engine to the 6.4...the price didnt do the challenger in ....the company did.

thank god I decided to wait to see what they do.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote