Thread: tinting
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
well guys I might as well start planning what I'm going to do with car this spring...

so here goes with the first piece of work.... tinting...
need some info from you fine folks...

legal level of tints?
place?
vouch?
price?

anything else you want to add?

Thanks for your help in advance
There is no 'legal' or 'illegal' limit for Tints. It's at Officer Discretion...

1.) 100% = Transparent
2.) 0 = Solid Black
3.) 5% = "Limo Tint"
4.) The 'ideal/safe/norm' = 35%

Officer Discretion.
A peace officer must be able to look through the window of the driver side car, while all windows are up, and determine the race and gender without any doubt for it to be determined ''legal''.

However, bare in mind that it is MUCH more difficult to see into a tinted car during the evening hours. Furthermore, your 'window tint' is reasonable grounds to stop you in hopes of finding more 'illegal'. So if you do decide to go below the 'norm' and opt for a darker tint understand that you may get more unwanted attention than you elected for.

** DESPITE ALL THIS **
I, personally... 20% all around. It looks absolutely bad ass in my opinion, and truly makes the car what it is. For that fact alone I wouldn't change it. * BUT * If you ask anyone on this forum, they will all tell you.. I drive with my windows down almost all the time... avoiding the unwanted attention.

Let's be honest.. from a police officers perspective when approaching a car in the middle of the night that you can't see in, would that not make you uncomfortable? (For this I would advise should you opt for the darker tints and you do get pulled over... drop all your windows, and hit the dome light... Who knows it may just get you out of it...)

I'll post a picture of mine in a moment..
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote