View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #6987
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I was just curious, Im not getting hung up on it..... geesh

Im sure we will find out in due time, I have a feeling GM is being conservative with the numbers!

But of course I could be wrong.......
I wasn't poking at you, Shno. I was just poking at the guys who are concerned with the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times. My guess is that going to the strip on weekends is easier to do than finding a good road course to play on. So being able to beat the GT500 in that activity could be having an influence on this topic. I could be wrong. Plus if you were to really do some racing on a road course, I think there is a higher probability to get your car banged up a little. So I'm not poo pooing the thought of a straight line king, just want everyone to know GM did some great things to make this a super road course car and just a nice car to drive every day. A 580 HP daily driver.

So until we get some back to back comparisons of the cars in question, it's tough to find fault with either car. I'm sure the GT500 is going to be a very special car.....................as will the ZL1. But until we see the level of technology the Ford product will bring to the battle, it's really hard to judge. MR shocks? Launch Control? EPS? and what will they do to actually get 650 HP to work with the rear tires?