View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by gml1998 View Post
It's called a dipstick and it should be checked at least weekly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
It's not difficult to pop the hood and check the oil level.

It's almost too lazy to instead want a gauge which would just be another sensor that could go bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
every time you gas up the car in fact.

tire pressure should also be checked at the same time, as should all your exterior lights..

just sayin' that's how I was raised. you gotta stand around for 5-10 minutes while your car is drinking it's go go juice, so make use of the time and do your maintenance checks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
I've always wondered if my dipstick was lying to me. I consistently hear about the LLT just "eating up oil" and stories of quarts lost here and there and all this being something quite common. Mine has always been fine and changed whenever the DIC reads 10% or 6000 miles, whichever comes first. How can the same car with the same drivetrain have such different reactions with engine oil. Driving habit can't be it cause I drive like a jackass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Guess there are too many Dipsticks that don't know how to use a dipstick.

I never had an oil issue with my LLT and so far none with my LFX.
Our dipstick in the Camaro doesn't read consistently I've been lucky with my engine, but I DO know it's been an issue with some. Don't know if the oil pressure gauge could give you a clue, but I keep a good eye on mine

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote