View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
dave7378

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmbl-B View Post
The fun part of owning a muscle car is learning how it works and how to make it the way you like as far as mods (parts) there are alot of companies with good parts as far as paying somebody to do it for you i think it kills the fun a havinng a hot rod besides alot of the MOD or TUNNING SHOPS in here will not tell you in here how much does it cost to install something 99% of the time they will tell you to call them as if its TABOO to ask and thats because they most likely gonna over charge you up the wazoo think about everything they have for these cars are BOLT ONs means remove and direct replacement just think your average shop charges bet $70 and $90 bucks an hour labor an cat back exhaust takes the most an hour and a half and thats if you run into a problem usually take less time and there are people in here that have paid $300 bucks for that install thats a RIP OFF so ask alot of questions before your purchase and install unless you are rolling in dough me i dont like being taken F--k that sorry i had to vent ive been asking a few shops in here for prices and they are full of it lol
Good point. I have a good friend who is a mechanic. We are gonna order the parts and he is going to help me install them so I don't screw anything up. Looking forward to doing it myself. Sheesh, i haven't worked on my own car since my 1976 chevelle malibu.
dave7378 is offline   Reply With Quote