View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #48
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
haha, well I know we've all done that. But that's not exactly what I was referring to.....

I keep a budget, and 99% of the time I'm honestly pretty good about it checking if something works with my budget before , well I wasn't so good about it when I was talking to Becky. Now that the adrenaline has kind of worn off, and I'm actually crunching the numbers instead of just telling myself they are going to work - I'm going to have to sit down with Becky and retool what I'm going to do.

In my defense - I'm not the first guy to not use his brain when thinking about cars.

Edit: and for those of you who are curious, yes it was the fire extinguisher that's causing me to be over budget.

Haha I did the same thing, ordered the car right before I got married, my wife was egging me on, and in all the time it takes to be delivered I had a few mini-nervous breakdowns (im an accountant), thinking we couldnt afford it comfortably. And I never cancelled the order or anything, and it worked out. My wife's work picked up, I got a decent raise, etc. Never looked back.

We already went into savings mode since we bought the house and got married pretty close together, so we stayed on that track, not going out to eat often, etc.

I think you can make it work! Might have to settle for the suede ZL1 seats instead of Recaro but you can do it!