View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
BLACK SUNSHINE

Drives: 68 Firebird
Dealers not doing GM any favors?

I have had and many others on here have posted about the insane dealer experiences they have had. Im just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this one to see if they are in line with mine. I will preface this comment with this statement: "there are great dealers and salesmen out there and you know what? They are making a killing because the guy down the street is a D-Bag!"
So, in these tough times it appears to me that the dealers are scrambling trying to stay a float by getting every penny they can on the new Camaro but dont know jack about it. Well,,, this just puts a terrible taste in the mouth of the consumer [which by the way, needs you less than you need them because there are other guys out there to buy from] and compromised future sales.
I run 3 field offices for a fortune 500 business so I know a little about business but it just seems like a hell of a catch 22 for the General. The dealerships are trying to stay a float by making every cent they can and the factory is trying to get cars out there. Opposing forces as it is,,,, now get a dealer like the ones I have dealt with as well as others and you have a bit of a perfect storm.
I just feel that the dealers on not helping out the factory and the general consumer is on a completely different page as the dealer,,,, however the factory and the consumer seem closer.
A very odd environment to be in.
The bottom line is that all of us as Americans have a vested interest in seeing the General live on and live strong. Just how do we get everyone on the same sheet of music here?
1100 = Preliminary Order: 2/26/09 ..............................3800 = Produced: 6/29 VIN: 2G1FC1EV9A9122433
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/19/09 ...............................4000 = Available to Ship: 7/1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: ? ..........4200 = Shipped: 7/03/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production:6/6/09.......................5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/09
3400 = Broadcast:6/16/09............................... 6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/15/09
BLACK SUNSHINE is offline   Reply With Quote