View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
I’ve seen in magazines the HP that the new Z28 will put down at the fly, but I haven’t seen any actual RWHP numbers. Does anyone know where it will be in that aspect, and how much lighter is the Z28 vs. the 2010 SS.
Its very difficult to get RWHP for a car that has never seen a dyno outside of a GM R&D centre. It gets even more difficult to guess when we don't know what the final flywheel power is going to be. All that is official is that the LS7 will provide at least 500 hp.

But personally, I wouldn't be too worried about what a stock Z/28 makes at the wheel. Namely because its just a number that depends on a whole host of factors beyond the car itself. What type of dyno is it, what are the conditions its being run in, when was the dyno last calibrated, is the operator conservative or generous, and so on. So it is entirely possible that one Z/28 could do a few pulls on a dyno and get a reading of 410 rwhp and the owner would think they've got a slug for a car. But if they went down the street to a different shop the same car could hit 450 rwhp & sunofabitch ... their car is under-rated!

As for weight, the target was 100 lbs less than the SS and from what I recall, they have surpassed that goal without too much trouble. So it will probably end up right around 3700 lbs when its done.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote