View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #99
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
This is actually not true. Brembo was aware of this from the start but a permanent solution (such as these so-called "training wheels") was not implemented on the Camaro brembo calipers prior to the SORP. The process for official GM approval of manufacturing techniques is quite long. There was a period where these "weights" were put on my GM but there was also a period when the brake assemblies came from Brembo with the stick-on weights installed (anyone who toured Martinrea in October will remember seeing the brake assemblies from Brembo Italy with the weights installed already). There's another thread somewhere about this where I posted the whole sequence for evolution on these from the CTF cars to present - sorry no VIN cut-offs.
Again, as Tran and others have said, these are not their for weight purposes, but rather are designed for harmonic dampening (sic).....
I figured there might be someone closer to the source on this board -- thanks for straightening me out. My source (who is very close to a certain supplier) did not have all the details. Let's hope they don't get those new brake pads too wet when they install the damper weights.
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote