View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
CSX4350

Drives: WAY too many to list
Gen=5, first let me say we are all proud of you and your sacrifice. There's a debt there that nobody can ever repay you.

That being said I feel your pain. I have about 20 cars, and usually buy and sell several cars a year. I deal with car sales people on a very regular basis. They have generally become the laziest bunch of people I have ever dealt with. Just last week I spoke to 3 sales people on the phone about a ZL1 they showed to have on their website. Not one of them could even be bothered to call me back to tell me if it was still available. I know for a fact one was, since I bought a different one from the same dealership and saw the one I had called on. I did refuse to buy from the sales person that never called me back though.
These experiences are just the ones on the phone, I usually dress in jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes and if I walk onto a dealers lot can't get a sales person to even look at me. I don't look like someone who can afford a new car, they don't seem to notice that I drove up in another new car. Sales people definitely make judgements on whether they "think" you can afford a car when they look at you, which is why I prefer to deal on the phone.

I refuse to work to give some salesperson my money, I require they work to EARN my business. My money spends just as well at any other dealership, I don't have to buy from someone who treats me like dirt.

You surely aren't alone.

2014 ZL1 Black M6
1969 Camaro ZZ502/T56 Cortez Silver W/Black Stripes
Too many others to list
CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote