View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
That's nice and all but it lacks factual information.

3rd Gen Iroc-Zs were incredible handlers and pulled .92 on the skid many years ago. I don't understand how you can claim they were horrible when the 'numbers' clearly show otherwise.

FYI:
The SRA setup you just made fun of is actually currently deployed in the latest Mustang GT (TP) that is pulling better numbers than the IRS Camaro. SRA != Poor Handling.... IRS != Great Handling... it's simply not black and white.
I dont really care about the "numbers" i care about what i see with my own eyes, and what i feel when im driving a car.

Anyone can claim numbers all day, but it doesnt really matter until you drive a car yourself.

you are correct, the new stangs do employ a torque arm suspension and also there are kits available to turn fox body stangs into torque-arm setups as well and they work great im not denying that, its all about how the parts are made (stamped steel vs tubed or something of that sort) and how the geometry is setup. This type of suspension can be great when utilized correctly.

If you like the older cars suspension feeling, sell your 2010 and get one.

Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote