View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
Metro Atlanta Update (pics added)

Well I found out that Days Chevrolet in Acworth Ga. has a black V-6 for the unveiling in their showroom. They are having an all camaro show on May 6. I called them and was told that the car was under a cover and nobody could look at it until then???? I knew that Northpoint also had a black 6 as well. I decided to call some of the other area dealers and found out that Hardy in Dallas had a yellow 2SS for the unveiling! I ran right over there with a buddy of mine and lo and behold, there it was in the back getting prepped for the black stripes. I have seen the silver at the auto show, but seeing my first one in color.....this pops! As it turns out, a woman bought their yellow 6 that they were going to use for the unveiling. Theirs is May 9 due to them thinking not many people will be able to come out on a Wednesday. She was told that she would have to leave it there but then yesterday an unspoken for 2SS showed up. They let her take the 6 and are celebrating with the 8. They are asking for 3K over sticker which I thought was reasonable. It has the polished wheels and is an auto. I know this thread is Worthless Without Pics! I took some with my cell but don't think I can download without internet access. I will take some more pics tomorrow with my camera after the stripes are on. They are going to put this in the showroom next to a nice restored 69 vert, black with white stripes and white/black houndstooth interior. They said they will drive it around the block once on the 9th with no one in the back seat to keep the mileage down. The VIN on this car is 9103224 and it does have the weights on the Brembos. I did not tell them I had a 2SS IOM car on order at another dealer. They told me that my dealer who's name I brought up, had a silver 6 on the transport along with that car. Well as soon as I got home I called my dealer up and the woman that answered said they were not getting theirs until the 6th. I told her "well I know that a silver one came in yesterday for you" and her reply was "well it's in the back until then and nobody can look at it, do you want to talk to a salesman?" I told her not to waste her time, that I already am getting one from there. What's with all this secret squirrel shit? Oh well, if anyone is interested in the 2SS at Hardy, talk to Michael Donisi. He seemed like a great guy and took the time to talk with me and walk me around the car.
Attached Images

Last edited by herkman; 04-30-2009 at 05:38 PM.
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote