View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
So i take it you mean bridging the gap between our youth and police officers (Cops)?

Well it soo happens to be that i am an active volunteer for Peel Police. Our goal is to bridge the gap between members of our community and our officers.
Being 18, i have always had alot of respect for our officers, but i do know alot of teenagers who dont.
Im part of the events sub commitee as well and we have already set up 6 events this year. All of which youth and general members will be able to approach and talk to our fellow officers and build relationships.
As for the small offices in schools, its a great idea however im not sure it is very feaseable although i hope we can make it happen, it is a great idea.
In our division, we have NPUs, which are neighborhood policing units for those who dont know. These officers are each assigned a specific school or two in which they attend/montior/educate.
These officers are based there and their presence is great. My school NPU was a great Police officer. We ended up forming a great relationship and he stated that he would be my reference for when i apply for Peel Police.
Your idea is great and i would love to help make it happen.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote