View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I ran my previous '11 LS3 SS and my current '13 1LE with a setup like yours. Between both cars I would say I have run for over 2 years without a tune with zero problems.

I also added DRs to my 1LE and with my untuned setup, I went from 13.2 @110 to 12.3 @ 115+ with the mods you are planning to add. So you WILL feel the difference.

Also you WILL have CELs. So get a code editor to read the codes and turn them off. I had a pretty aggressive bolton intake setup: CAI CAI, Scoop, Ported TB, and the Wedge (LOL) so I may have been getting more CELs than most.

Also note that on my '11 I removed almost all of my mods and traded it in as a stocker for my 1LE. I got all the trade in value my '11 could give and I had a ton of fun with it.

Besides the warranty issues, most do not understand that once you tune your car is worth less as a trade in, even if you take off all of your mods. Some dealers will check your flash count as they value your car. If they do and you tuned they will ding you thousands for your trade value. They most likely will wholesale your car unless they are a performance minded dealer.

Even if you sell privately, you owe it to your buyer to tell them about the tune.

So I would only tune my car if I intended to keep it for a long time or if its beyond the drive train warranty. That being said my 1LE is getting tuned this week. The 1LE is a keeper.

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-14-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote