View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoMan2011 View Post
I am taking my car in to have factory style rally stripes painted on this Friday and told the shop that I could provide some basic dimensions for them to work off of. However, checking back here on Camaro5 I can't seem to find the thread I ran across before where a member actually measured the dimensions of the stripes. Every other thread I have run across searching has shown variation in measurements. Can anybody link me to a thread that has the actual dimensions of the factory rallys? Or can somebody please post these dimensions? I am only looking for the measurements on the factory style stripes (not tranformers style/concept style). Any help on this is extremely appreciated.

Measurements needed:

1.) Space between hood stripes ( I have been told it's 3", 1.5" each way off center line)

2.) Width of large stripes on hood & decklid (at cowl & rear glass).

3.) Width of pinstripe outline.

4.) Space between main stripe & pinstripe (I've been told it's 1/4')

Thanks in advance for any clarification on these measurements. I'm sure this question will be asked again many times on this forum until there is a good thread will all relevant measurements..........and then it will still be asked by those who choose not to use the search function!

-infernoman2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by organgrinder View Post
seems like there were several suppliers to gm because the gm stripes aren't even all the same....but yes the center gap is 3", back of the hood is 16.5"(outside of pinstripe), the trunk lid narrows from back window 12 5/8 down to 12 3/8(outside of pinstripe), the pinstripe is 1/4" with 1/4" gap.....hope that helps.
well ya got your answer.....