View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I know many of you have replaced your exhaust with aftermarket so you wouldn't have this issue, but see below:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93407

Cliffs notes, at about 7k miles dealer replaced my exhaust because it rattled and made weird noises, that sound returned around 15k miles, and the dealer replaced it again. Now at 24k miles it has returned again.

I am NOT putting another factory exhaust on this car, this is getting a bit ridiculous. My dealer (Paul Conte Chevrolet) has been great and 100% behind me through this so I do not blame them nor do I want to cause any issues for them as its not their fault. In fact I am probably going to wait a bit before even bringing it to them so it gets worse so they are covered.

Firstly, any more people have or notice this issue? And secondly how do I go about dealing with this through GM? Honestly I want them to give me a better solution like an aftermarket exhaust or some sort of credit or something. I do NOT want to lemon law my car, its fine, I love it, and it was built for me. But I also don't want to take the shaft for a $1200 new exhaust because GM can't get it right 3 times.

Interesting - I went to Paul Conte also, but part of my lease agreement was signing something saying I wouldn't change the exhaust or make other "non-approved modifications".
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote