View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #175
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
We have a Gas Station here that has 8 rows of pumps and two pumps per row, with the ability to fill to either side of the car, and a big sign as you enter says to follow the arrows and enter in the same direction, and still 1/4 of the people will drive around the sign and come in the other way... I see now why Florida had such a problem with those Ballots in 2000, 1/4 of the people can't read instructions or follow arrows..... Geesh...

Oh sometimes a pump will cut off pre mature because of various reasons, such as a pressure drop in the pump from someone else starting to use on. this happens alot if there are many using the gas pumps at the same time... I have had it cut off and when I started my car it only went to 7/8's full... I always give the handle another squeeze to make sure it didn't cut off too soon.

The static build up is not exaggerated. you can get a healthy spark when you touch the handle of the gas nozzle. and if there are enough fumes present.. well you know what can happen. Even if you are getting out for the first time it is a good practice to touch something metal BEFORE you touch the gas Nozzle.
Yup, know what you mean about people just not being able to read signs. If they can't follow directions in a gas station, how can we expect them to follow directions on the road? Revoke their licenses I say.

Never had a pump cut off prematurely on me. If that is an issue that I just didn't know about, then disregard what I said.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote