View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
pdesanctis
i like to go fast

Drives: 2011 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett218 View Post
i bought and installed an mgw shifter a few months ago and have noticed a kind of creaking noise coming from the shifter while going over bumps and braking...at first when i installed it and took it for a test drive, noticed the noise. i brought it back in and went over everything i did with a fine tooth comb and triple checked every nut and bolt i touched to make sure they weren't loose. i figured the shifter just needed to break in and the noise would go away after a month or so...hasn't been the case. i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if so, what, they did to fix it.
(Funny that you posted this question. I just called him yesterday regarding the same issue)

I also recently purchased an MGW shifter, about two months ago.

Mine does the Exact same thing. Very loud and at first I thought something would break if I ever had to Slam on the brakes. I called George at MGW and he's sending me new bushings. Something to do with the new bushings on the rear brace absorbing moisture causing the sound.

Give MGW a call and they will help you out.

p.s. I'm still waiting for my new rear brace with the different bushings to come in. I'll see if that was the issue. From what George was explaining to me.. The current bushings absorb moisture and grip too tightly on the two silver bars on the back of the shifter, which is what is producing the noise.. It is supposed to moved freely back and forth.

EDIT: I did not notice George already answered your question. lol..

I'll report back after I install the bushings.
pdesanctis is offline   Reply With Quote