View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #34
Bizlipkick

Drives: 45th Ann. 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
The important comparo will be next year when Ford fires back with the latest & greatest Shelby Mustang to try to kick the Z28s legs out from under it. Thank god Ford and Chevy are still fighting it out. Were getting some pretty serious iron for not a lot of coin these days. Boss, 1LE, etc.
Yea, we all win this battle! I had a 2013 5.0, which I l loved, but having owned a 87 supra for few years in high school ( the time period that established my car taste), I got used to having a slightly heavier, more luxurious ride. I then went the opposit direction and had an s2000 for 5 years, and seing how well the new american cars were doing, I went with the 5.0, which was selling at a marginally cheaper price then the camaro's. Then riding in my buddies 2ss with a sunroof, I knew I had to have it. Both great cars though. Just like the 03-04 Cobra's (one of my favorite cars of all time) I was at a light next to one in my 45th ss and we both shot the shit for a min waiting on the line, admiring each others cars. True enthusiast appreciate all performance cars, being brand specific nowadays is IMO mildly ridiculous.

p.s. I remember in 2001 when my best friends dad bought a 2002 loaded SS camaro with a 6 speed, and let us each take it around the block for 5 minutes a piece. Jesus that thing was beautiful/badass/everything I ever wanted. I think we forget how spoiled we are now a days compared to the mid 2000's when you either had a mustang or an import.
Bizlipkick is offline   Reply With Quote