View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
I would think one of the biggest advantages of the Z/28 is it's brakes. The fresh air box is a plus also. Those two things done to a ZL1 would really help close the gap on a race track.
The real value of the C-C brakes will come toward the end of a session on a braking-intensive track.

The value of a fresh air box is negligible compared to the difference between DOT R-compound tires and street summer performance rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I am really thinking of getting a set for my 1LE. The drag is not that important at the low speeds we see at tracks for 95% of time. However the reduction in unsprung rotational mass is NUTS and outweighs the drag issue if you ask me. With 2deg of camber they will tuck in nice.

I will be honest though....., and probably get flamed..... I will still stay 285 or 295 on the tires. 305 is not necessary if you ask me, I rather take some more weight out and not destroy the steering feel in the street.
Took me a second, but I think I see where you're going here . . . those 11.5" rear wheels will likely dictate 295's all around.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote