View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #78
Flyin'Camaros
BumbleBee is my Hero...

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It's NOT just a gas cap. It's NOT just a gas cap. It's NOT just a gas cap.

Add some B-pillars. Make the roof higher. Make the wheels smaller. Don't cut out the vents. Change the gas cap location....and go ahead and paint the cover.....Hell...just change a few more things about the car. Now, I can understand reasons for certain changes.

I can live with a few things. But, give me a break. I'm not one who goes to a dealer and buys whatever is on the lot... So, for a lot of us, it ISN'T JUST a gas cap.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
We obviously wanted it, we're the ones that designed the one you love, but there's only so much money for useless parts. Go look at other mid-$20K cars... you're getting sooooo much more with the Camaro you'll be blown away and you can spend $400 for your own billet gas cap (or $100 for the plastic one we'd give you) and be the only one with one rather than driving the price of everyone's car up. $5 for this and $100 for that adds up till the car is in a whole different price class and you have to add another $10,000 to compete with them. You can't imagine how fast the price snowballs. And the low roof, huge wheels and tiny lights look fantastic in pictures and on the stand but look ridiculous on the street and would render the car unusable. I've seen the showcar drive on actual streets and it looks like a cartoon joke... the production car looks much better. (and please don't get me started on the sidevents thing again)
As for me, and reading this site, here is my take.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL FOR MOST PEOPLE (not all) WHO LOVE THE CAMARO!!!

This is one of the distinguishing marks of this 5th gen to a lot of us.

All the changes you have made that we have been able to see have been great and we have all enjoyed seeing the progress with open minds and hearts. We all over every pic that becomes available. And we are all very excited about the stuff that will blow us away, and believe me, I hope it does!!! There is a lot of nit picky things from everyone, yes, and most of those things can be changed after market if needed. So you are able to build a solid beautiful car for us for a good price to market to most and still allow others to personalize! But this is ONE area that if it is put on the side will not be able to be personalized because it IS NOT ON TOP!

So do I care which side it's on? Personally no....Does the gas cap on top have to be a $400 dollar billet gas cap..no, put that cost as an option or aftermarket possibility. Does the gas cap on THE TOP give me that option without costin' GM or the consumer $$$...To me yes.

Will I still buy the Camaro with it on the side??....ABSOLUTELY!!! It is just that beautiful....and I still thank you in advance for blowing our minds!

This is one thing I am definitely 'Keeping the Faith' until proven otherwise...