Thread: CEL Question...
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
There's OBD-II, and then there's CAN-based OBD-II. CAN-based readers can work with standard OBD-II, but standard readers can't handle CAN-based.

I it possible you're getting either P1133 or P1153 for insufficient switching on a front sensor, but I have a hard time believing shorties (even with a cam) would do that.

Try this. Start your engine, and let it warm up to temperature. Once it's hot, shut it off, disconnect your battery for about a minute, and then reconnect it. This will clear any codes (just to make sure... because who knows what your reader is doing). Start the car again and just let it idle for a while... maybe 20 minutes. After that, go drive it around a bit. If a code comes on while just idling, it's likely insufficient switching or P0106 for the map sensor. If a code doesn't come on until the next time you drive it, it's probably misfire. There are tables you can adjust to tweak the threshold of setting the misfire code, but something tells me it's not misfire. I'd bank on P0106. This is all just speculation though. Find somebody with EFI Live or HP Tuners, plug in the scanner, and pull the codes.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote