View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
Sooo i picked up my convertible on March 24 and for a week it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! then it took the turn for the worst...

Morning of April 6:

I went to put the top down and it only went half way.. the bars would not even attempt to side down they were sticking straight up.. the fabric part managed to make it down.. i looked at it and was like ~ sooo i brought it back up and tried it again... the bars went down this time but not all the way (Man i wish i took pictuers) i sighed and pushed a little pressure on it to see if it would help... it didnt budge

So here i am trying it ONE LAST TIME! finally it goes down all the way

So i head out with my friends not thinking much of it~ came home at the end of the night and put the top up and went on my merry way..

April 7~

That morning 6 AM before i set off on my 100 mile trip to work.. Top went down beautifully~ looks amazing~ perfect day so i put on my cover and took off for Baltimore!

Got home that night at 6PM and washed the car to put it away. Then i noticed the rear window i was sitting 4 inches lower than normal!! I run inside and checked pictures to make sure i wasnt going crazy.. and yes in fact my window was lower than the first pictures i posted and NOT ONLY THAT! there was something pressing against the fabric by the window! I crawl into the backseat and go under the fabric cover... My Rear Windows DETACHED FROM THE HINGES and was just hanging there... The hinges were half holding the window up on one side.. and i had the same gap 1981 Z29 had going on....

i brought it into the dealership and they said it wont get fixed until Monday.... they wouldnt even let me keep her at home until Monday because they are scared that the hinges will eat thru the fabric and cause major holes...

i know i know.. pictures... but yea i was freaking out sooo bad Pictures were the last thing on my mind... This is the 3rd repair on my car in 2 weeks! when it first arrived i had paint chipped off in both corners where the trunk meets the bumper and a good size scratch on the rim... I noticed the paint is SUPER thin and soft :( a small rock hit the bottom of the front bumper while i was driving and almost took the paint right off..

I love my car but it seem soooooo delicate!!
Hope your dealer did the mod before giving it to you...Bill received his and it wasn`t done also:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140201
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote