View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
bond2

Drives: '16 2SS M6,'96 WS6 M6
Hey guys, my only other long term experience with a manual is my converted Trans Am, and I have the Pro 5.0 short throw, which is awesome. So I kinda expected the stock shifter on the Camaro to be a bit stiffer with longer throws. Now after 2 years using the Pro 5.0, it has really lossened up, and I like it even better, so I am thinking our stock piece on the Camaro will loosen up a bit. I am still probably gonna swap for a short throw at some point though. I will agree that sometimes to actually get it into gear, especially 1st you kinda have to shove it harder than should be required. But not always, so i wonder if your alignment just has to be perfect? I would recommend taking it to the dealer and have them look at it since its bothering you. GM should be made aware of the issue so they can possibly issue a TSB to smooth it up. I am taking mine in for stripes on Monday and I will mention it to the service manager to see what he thinks.
'99 30th anniv TA vert #988- M6

bond2 is offline   Reply With Quote