View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #43
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
My .02.

If your commute involves stop and go, your manual will get old fast.
if you're buying this car to drive and have fun. stick hands down.
if you live in a cold climate, the remote start that comes with your auto will be huge.
you still get the tap shifts from an auto.
if you can't drive a stick, you'll never get close to the auto 1/4 mile times.

The G8 has a similar active fuel system, and the guys at magnuson were able to put their blower on and maintain the cylinder deactivation. Actually addes some mpg through the maggie. Of course who could drive that car responsibly?

I feel the same way.
I had two A4 Automatic Z28s (1994 and 1999). I thought I was missing something by getting the automatics. So when I purchased my 05 GTO, I went with the 6 speed stick. At first it was fun to drive, but that quickly faded away.
About 12 months later, I hated having to push in the clutch hundreds of times on my way to work in thick traffic. My left knee would even get sore from having to push in the clutch so much.

So I traded in my 05 GTO for an 06 A4 (automatic) GTO. I can't tell you how much better my morning commute is with the automatic.

Yes, the stick is fun to drive. But it really doesn't make good daily driver if you have to deal with a lot of traffic.

If my camaro was just going to be a toy or weekend car, I would most likely get the stick. But because its going to be my daily driver, I'm going with the A6.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote