View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
If you dont think they will ration gas you need to go look this up.

gas, WILL be rationed eventually once the price has gone up to the point where people find it more reasonable to invest in alternate sources of fuel.

so as gas prices go up, the demand has an inverse effect, going down, as people find alternative fuel cells.

and durring the transition of gas to whatever source we end up using, it WILL be rationed. and Congress? what do you think people would like more, rationing, or a complete dry up of fuel sources.

the prices arent going to go down until speculation of probable gas chrisis stop. and that speculation is just heating up.
Not that I don't follow your logic...but if the market works the say it should, and there truly is no price gouging and/or conspirasy going on; less demand for gas due to finding alternatives (be it efficiency, less usage, or altogether substitutes) SHOULD drive the price down. "Supply and demand" is the phrase that's being shoved down our throats lately, yes?

And rationing should have a more direct relation to supply, not prices. I can't see how prices would force the rationing of gas...