View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #88
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
Firstly, thank you for the reply...I know replying to all that took alot of time, so thanks.

But, you are wrong if you believe that C5 can be held accountable for member posts. Can FaceBook? No. Various other auto forums? No.

But if that's you guys' stance on it, however incorrect it may be, then it is what it is.

At least you took the time to reply. I respect that.
I'm not a lawyer, I couldn't tell you if we can be held accountable or not. Until someone with a law degree chimes in, I don't think we'll have a black and white answer on the subject either. But the example I used of a delivery truck driver was correct, the driver's employer is also held accountable for his actions. That may not be the best comparison for Camaro5 being responsible, but it's all I could come up with.

Also, Facebook is a publicly traded company, so I don't know if you're comparing apples to apples with that. Do you know what I mean? But again, I'm not a lawyer, I don't know the law regarding what the differences are between a public vs a private company's accountability.